East London arts showcase races to the former London 2012 Athletes' Village
LONDON 16 December 2014 - Get Living London, the company that owns, manages and lets the private rental homes at East Village - the former Athletes' Village - is proud to announce a showcase of established and emerging East London artists within 31 of its building foyers. The showing will provide Get Living London residents of East Village with a lasting cultural programme, and integrate the creativity and innovation of the surrounding area into London's newest neighbourhood.
The ongoing presentation will see 72 works installed in the entrance foyers of the Get Living London private rented homes - with installation already underway. The project has been made possible through a close partnership with Hackney Wick Fish Island Cultural Interest Group,Stratford Rising andHackney WickED.
Get Living London's showcase will include works from highly regarded artists such as Gavin Turk, the British born, internationally renowned, artist based in Hackney Wick. The initiative also brings together pieces from local community groups including Rosetta Arts Centre, Together2012! and Bow Arts.
Neil Young, Chief Executive, Get Living London, said “We believe enlivening the communal areas of our East Village homes with exceptional creativity from the best of East London artists has both a positive effect on the environment and reinforces our desire to create more links with existing local neighbourhoods. This showcase offers our Get Living London residents the opportunity to experience these innovative works, and the cultural creativity East London is known for, within their own homes."
During an open day to be held in early 2015 there will also be an opportunity for members of the general public to visit East Village for an exclusive chance to view selected installed works. Event details and how to register will be released closer to the time at GetLivingLondon.com.
Notes to Editors:
Further art work images are available on request.
About Get Living London
Get Living London is a true pioneer in the private rental sector, changing the way London rents. As the residential owner directly managing 1,439 private rental homes in East Village, Get Living London aims to make renting refreshingly straightforward and convenient. In this unique position, Get Living London:
- Doesn't charge fees: Residents rent directly from Get Living London, rather than through a letting agency, which means there are no admin fees for preparing a tenancy agreement, no initial referencing fees, no fees to renew the lease, no check-in or check-out fees, no debit card fees and no commercial cleaning fees when residents move out (as long as the home is clean and hasn't been damaged beyond ‘fair wear and tear'). This no fees approach can save renters up to £350.
- Provides long term stability with built-in flexibility: Residents are offered one to three year tenancies, with residents-only break clauses after six months. Annual rent increases within a contract period are linked to the Consumer Prices Index so there are no surprises for residents on a longer contract.
- Ensures a service-oriented approach: The expert property management team are on-site at Get Living London's Management Office seven days a week to ensure any issues are dealt with quickly. The Management Office is open from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm at weekends, with an out-of-hours service for emergencies.
- Offers high quality homes: All Get Living London homes at East Village include fitted wardrobes, wooden flooring, fitted curtains and blinds, underfloor heating and modern kitchens with fully-integrated appliances. Every home meets the highest levels of sustainability and has achieved Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 - the UK's single largest development to meet this standard.
- Is building a thriving new neighbourhood: Living in the former Athletes' Village means living in a brand new, stylish and imaginatively planned neighbourhood - which showcases the best of British architecture and construction. East Village highlights include Chobham Academy, arguably the most impressive school in London, which now caters for 1,800 students from age 3 to 18, and the Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre, offering GP and dentist services.
Further benefits for residents include free broadband and evening and weekend phone calls, great savings with Sky TV, and furnished homes come with complimentary high-end furniture packages.
Prices start from £380 per week for a 1 bedroom apartment, £390 per week for a 2 bedroom apartment, £480 per week for a 3 bedroom apartment, and £600 per week for a 4 bedroom townhouse.
For more information, and to see Get Living London homes currently available to rent within East Village E20, visit GetLivingLondon.com and follow us on Twitter @GetLivingLDN