Over 100 renters now living at former Athletes’ Village with more new homes available
LONDON: 7 JANUARY 2014
Thousands of Londoners have made New Year’s resolutions to save money, keep fit and find a better home in 2014. Now, Get Living London has a range of high-quality apartments at the former Athletes’ Village to help Londoners achieve all three!
Get Living London owns a range of private rental homes in London’s newest neighbourhood at East Village (see images here), and the first residents began to move in throughout November and December. With more than100 renters now living in the East Village neighbourhood, more new homes are now becoming available to meet the ongoing demand.
East Village offers renters a perfect place to start the New Year as they mean to go on, in a prestigious new address next to the Olympic Park. Renting a new home with Get Living London will help people to:
- Get a high-quality new home – with apartments of all sizes to suit everyone
There are homes to suit everyone, from 1 and 2-bedroom apartments for young professionals and couples, to 3 and 4-bedroom apartments and townhouses for sharers and families. Prices start from £310 per week for a 1 bedroom apartment, £370 per week for a 2 bedroom apartment, £475 per week for a 3 bedroom apartment, and £515 per week for a 4 bedroom townhouse.
- Save money – with no fees and a range of free and discounted services for residents
Get Living London is committed to no fees or hidden costs, so renters will pay no transaction fees, documentation fees, reference fees, or check-in fees all of which can cost renters more than £300 each. As well as making a saving by paying no fees, all Get Living London residents also receive free Hyperoptic fast broadband, discounts on Sky TV and high-quality designer furniture packages at no extra cost.
- Keep fit – with plenty of parks, a gym and Olympic venues on your doorstep
The East Village neighbourhood is perfect for cyclists, joggers and walkers with more than 10 hectares (the equivalent of 14 football pitches) of new parks, wetlands and open space. A new gym will open in East Village in 2014 and the neighborhood is on the doorstep of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park where the Velodrome and Aquatics Centre will reopen in Spring.
There are now more than 100 renters now living in Get Living London’s private rental homes in East Village, including:
Mark Hibbett, 43, who works as a Screenwriter and moved into a 2 bedroom apartment in East Village with his girlfriend just before Christmas. Mark said:“We love living in East Village - everything's so new and exciting, and having the shops and restaurants of Westfield just five minutes away is fantastic. Get Living London were great getting us moved in, showing us several flats and guiding us through the whole process, and they've stayed very responsive now we're here. All this, and we're only seven minutes from Kings Cross on the Javelin, it's fab!"
Derek Gorman, Chief Executive of Get Living London, commented, “With over 100 renters now living in East Village, we are seeing London’s newest neighbourhood coming to life. With more new homes now available, East Village is the perfect place to start the New Year in a new home on the doorstep of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. I’d encourage all renters looking to make a change in 2014 to come down to our offices at East Village to find out more about the high-quality homes and new way of renting Get Living London has to offer.”
Along with providing spacious homes and stylish furnishings, Get Living London aims to make renting in London a better experience. There will be a long-term commitment to:
- Charging no fees or hidden costs - residents will pay no transaction fees, documentation fees, reference fees, check-in fees or inventory fees
- Flexible and long-term tenancies - people can choose between one, two or three-year tenancies with resident-only break clauses and benefits for those committing to longer agreements
- No agents or middlemen - residents will be able to rent directly from Get Living Londonoffering them a direct relationship with a quality landlord without any agents or ‘middlemen’
- Delivering exceptional levels of service – the Get Living London Management Office will be open from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm at weekends to provide residents with a speedy response to any requests or enquiries
- The best of city living all in one place – the new neighbourhood brings together new homes and buildings designed by 16 of the world’s leading architects, together with a new school and healthcare facilities, the world-class sports and leisure facilities of the Olympic Park, and the retail facilities of Westfield as well as further plans for more than 30 local shops and cafés in East Village
The Get Living London Management Office at East Village is now open giving London renters a chance to find out more about moving to a prestigious new address at the former Athletes’ Village. Open 7 days a week, the Management Office includes exhibition space and a dedicated team of Get Living London property consultants on-hand to talk prospective residents through the new homes available, discuss their rental requirements and arrange a viewing of one of the show apartments.
Along with the private rental homes, a range of shared ownership, intermediate rent and social rent homes are also available in East Village through Triathlon Homes. All of the homes set within East Village offer renters the chance to live in a prestigious new address on the doorstep of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and in one of the best-connected parts of London. The new homes are set within a landscaped area the size of St James’ Park featuring new parklands, trees, public areas and open space. More information about Get Living London’s new homes and the Management Office is available at www.getlivinglondon.com or by phoning 020 3714 8088.
Notes to Editors:
- Images of Get Living London new homes and the East Village neighbourhood are availablehere.
- For media enquires please contact Shula Pannick/Bea Bishop, The Communication Group plc, +44 (0)20 7630 1411 / email@example.com
About Get Living London
Get Living London is a new residential owner and rental management company helping to create London’s newest neighbourhood at East Village - the first legacy neighbourhood to result from the London 2012 Games.
About Triathlon Homes
Triathlon Homes offers a range of rent and ownership options and will enable eligible people on low to medium incomes to live in an East Village home. With extensive experience of managing homes in London, Triathlon Homes partners - East Thames Group, Southern Housing Group, and developer and investor First Base look forward to welcoming residents into their new homes. www.triathlonhomes.com
Key facts about East Village:
- New homes for Londoners - A range of new homes, designed for modern, sustainable living by 16 world-renowned architects with construction, fittings and finishes to the highest standard
- Spacious living - Spans over 27 hectares of land, equivalent to St James’s Park, with more than 10 hectares of new parks, landscaped gardens, public squares, play areas and courtyards
- Time and choice - One of the best connected neighbourhoods in London, with Stratford International and Stratford Regional stations offer links to London’s key locations. East Village also includes a world-class education campus, Chobham Academy, the Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre, and is steps away from Westfield Stratford City and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.