New Management Office and exhibition space provides details on the new homes at the former Athletes' Village
LONDON: 02 OCTOBER 2013
London renters can now find out more about moving to a prestigious new address at the former Athletes’ Village with the opening of the Get Living London Management Office at East Village. The new office and exhibition space will allow visitors to find out more about the high-quality homes and new way of renting Get Living London has to offer in the capital's newest neighbourhood.
The Management Office will also become a permanent neighbourhood hub with a dedicated team in place to respond quickly and efficiently to East Village residents' needs.
Get Living London, the residential owner and rental management company, unveiled prices and show apartments for its new homes at East Village last month. From this week, Londoners will be able to visit the Management Office to discover more about the new homes available, discuss their rental requirements and arrange a viewing of one of the show apartments. There has been a huge interest in Get Living London’s new private rental homes so far, with more than 80 viewings already booked this week.
The Management Office is located at 5 Celebration Avenue in East Village at the heart of the new E20 postcode, and features:
- A 7,500 sq ft building located a short walk from Stratford International Station, Westfield shopping centre and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- An interactive East Village exhibition providing a scale model of London’s newest neighbourhood as well as videos, displays and information on East Village and the local area
- A Get Living London area featuring videos, photos and an interactive touch screen with property details about the new private rental homes available
- A dedicated team of Get Living London property consultants on-hand to meet prospective residents, talk them through the East Village neighbourhood and discuss their rental requirements
- As residents begin to move in to East Village, the Get Living London Management Office will be open 7 days a week to respond quickly and efficiently to residents’ needs
With acclaimed designer Wayne Hemingway MBE and his HemingwayDesign team appointed to oversee the interior design of the new homes, viewings of the show apartments arranged by Get Living London will give prospective renters an exclusive first look at the new standard of homes, interior design and furnishings Get Living London offers for the rental market.
Get Living London has a range of private rental homes at East Village to suit everyone, from 1 and 2-bedroom apartments for young professionals and couples, to 3 and 4-bedroom apartments and townhouses for sharers and families. Prices start from £310 per week for a 1 bedroom apartment, £370 per week for a 2 bedroom apartment, £475 per week for a 3 bedroom apartment, and £515 per week for a 4 bedroom townhouse.
All will feature as standard fitted wardrobes in all bedrooms, wooden flooring in all living areas, fitted curtains and blinds, underfloor heating and modern kitchens with fully-integrated appliances. In addition, homes will be offered either unfurnished or furnished at no extra cost, with high-end furniture packages selected by the HemingwayDesign team, setting new standards of furnishing for the private rental market.
Along with providing spacious homes and stylish furnishings, Get Living London aims to make renting in London a better experience. There will be a long-term commitment to:
- Charging no fees or hidden costs - residents will pay no transaction fees, documentation fees, reference fees, check-in fees or inventory fees
- Flexible and long-term tenancies - people can choose between one, two or three-year tenancies with resident-only break clauses and benefits for those committing to longer agreements
- No agents or middlemen - residents will be able to rent directly from Get Living London offering them a direct relationship with a quality landlord without any agents or ‘middlemen’
- Delivering exceptional levels of service – the Get Living London Management Office will be open from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm at weekends to provide residents with a speedy response to any requests or enquiries
- The best of city living all in one place – the new neighbourhood brings together new homes and buildings designed by 16 of the world’s leading architects, together with a new school and healthcare facilities, the world-class sports and leisure facilities of the Olympic Park, and the retail facilities of Westfield as well as further plans for more than 30 local shops and cafés in East Village
Derek Gorman, Chief Executive of Get Living London, commented, “With our show apartments and prices unveiled, we have seen a huge amount of interest in the new private rental homes at East Village with more than 80 viewings already booked. The opening of the Management Office is the first chance for Londoners to come and find out more about Get Living London’s homes and new way of renting at London’s newest neighbourhood.”
Along with the private rental homes, a range of shared ownership, intermediate rent and social rent homes are also available in East Village through Triathlon Homes. All of the homes set within East Village offer renters the chance to live in a prestigious new address on the doorstep of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and in one of the best-connected parts of London. The new homes are set within a landscaped area the size of St James’ Park featuring new parklands, trees, public areas and open space.
The new homes at East Village are now undergoing final checks and fittings by the Olympic Delivery Authority with the first properties to be delivered to Get Living London and Triathlon Homes in the coming weeks, ready for the first residents to move in shortly afterwards.
More information about Get Living London’s new homes and the Management Office is available at www.getlivinglondon.com or by phoning 020 3714 8088.
Notes to Editors:
A range of images and broadcast-quality footage of Get Living London show apartments and East Village are available here. Further images of the homes and Management Office also available on request- A range of images and broadcast-quality footage of Get Living London show apartments and East Village are available here. Further images of the homes and Management Office also available on request
For media enquires please contact Shula Pannick/Bea Bishop, The Communication Group plc, +44 (0)20 7630 1411 /email@example.com
About Get Living London
Get Living London is a new residential owner and rental management company helping to create London’s newest neighbourhood at East Village - the first legacy neighbourhood to result from the London 2012 Games.
About Triathlon Homes
Triathlon Homes offers a range of rent and ownership options, and will enable eligible people on low to medium incomes to live in an East Village home. With extensive experience of managing homes in London, Triathlon Homes partners - East Thames Group, Southern Housing Group, and developer and investor First Base look forward to welcoming residents into the new homes. www.triathlonhomes.com
Key facts about East Village:
New homes for Londoners
- A range of new homes, designed for modern, sustainable living by 16 world-renowned architects with construction, fittings and finishes to the highest standard
- 11 individually designed areas provide neighbourhood character
- Spans over 27 hectares of land, equivalent to St James’s Park
- More than 10 hectares of new parks, landscaped gardens, public squares, play areas and courtyards
- Next to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park – 285 hectares of parkland, waterways, and nature trails connected by paths for jogging cycling and walking
Time and choice
- One of the best connected neighbourhoods in London.
- Stratford International and Stratford Regional stations offer links to London’s key locations – reach the West End in 20 minutes, St Pancras International in 7 minutes (by High Speed 1), Canary Wharf in 12 minutes, and London airports within an hour
- Steps away from Westfield Stratford City, one of Europe’s largest shopping centres, as well as over 30 local and independent shops, cafés and restaurants coming soon to East Village
- Adjacent to the world-class sporting venues of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- A world-class education campus, Chobham Academy, with 2,000 places for students aged 3-19
- The Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre with a full range of healthcare facilities
- Just under 10% of East Village’s 2,818 homes are specifically adapted for disabled people, designed to exceed industry standards set by HABINTEG and are 100% ‘Lifetime Homes Compliant’
- Adapted homes have design features to allow for chairlifts, hoists and rails to be installed, kitchens have clear spaces underneath work surfaces, all electrical switches are easily accessible and there are downstairs bedrooms and bathroom facilities in all homes of more than two storeys