No Fees, No ‘Middleman’, Superior Service & Homes in East Village, London’s Newest Neighbourhood
LONDON: 15 MAY 2013
Get Living London, a residential owner and rental management company, launches today. Established by Qatari Diar and Delancey (QDD), Get Living London aims to make renting in London a better experience. Committed to charging no fees, delivering exceptional levels of service, and cutting out the ‘middleman’ by providing residents’ with a direct relationship to a quality landlord who both owns and manages their home. Get Living London will also offer certainty of occupation and costs - people can choose between one, two or three year tenancies with residents-only break clauses and benefits for those committing to longer agreements.
The first Get Living London homes will be available later this summer at East Village - formerly the Athletes’ Village and the first legacy neighbourhood to result from the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Today’s launch of Get Living London looks to respond to the acute need for new homes in central London and set a high quality standard for the capital’s residential rental market. To better understand what today’s renters want, the company has spent time listening to Londoners about what they really want from a landlord*, and today launches with a long term commitment to:
- Charging no fees - residents will pay only their rent and there will be no transaction fees, documentation fees, reference fees, check-in fees or inventory fees
- Providing direct residents’ relationships - by owning and managing the homes. Residents will be able to rent direct from Get Living London without any ‘middleman’
- Offering certainty of occupation and costs - people can choose between one, two or three year tenancies with residents-only break clauses and benefits for those committing to longer agreements
- Delivering exceptional levels of service - there will be a Get Living London Management and Marketing Centre opening this summer at East Village from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and at weekends to respond quickly and efficiently to residents’ needs
- Providing a long-term commitment to providing a quality place to live - at East Village, Get Living London will maintain not just the homes but all aspects of the neighbourhood from public realm and private courtyard spaces to shops, restaurants and cafes
Get Living London is being launched initially at the much-anticipated East Village. There will be a choice of new 1 bedroom apartments to 4 bedroom townhouses, all of which are uniquely designed by 16 of the world’s leading architects and which offer spacious open-plan layouts, large balconies and winter gardens.
East Village, adjacent to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and Westfield Stratford City, provides more accessibility, space and world-class facilities than any other London residential development and brings together the vibrancy of city living with unrivalled outdoor areas. Other features include:
- Outstanding transport connections - Canary Wharf can be reached in twelve minutes, the West End in twenty and St Pancras International in just seven
- A world-class school, Chobham Academy (opening September 2013), offering education to 1,800 students aged between 3 and 19 - with East Village residents having priority places
- Tree lined streets, open parkland and private courtyards
- The buzz of over 30 local shops, cafes, restaurants and a gym at East Village
- The Sir Ludwig Guttman Medical Centre which provides East Village residents with access to GPs, dentists and a pharmacy
Derek Gorman, Chief Executive of Get Living London, commented, “We are aiming high and want to become London’s first choice for rental property. We have listened to what Londoners want* and believe Get Living London will set new standards for the rental market – no agents or ‘middlemen’, no fees, direct access to an experienced team and the convenience and flexibility of a range of tenancies.
"Get Living London will give people the opportunity to rent an outstanding new home at East Village, one of the capital’s best connected areas and London’s newest neighbourhood."
Get Living London is launching with the support of the Mayor of London who has called for more consistent standards, transparency and opportunities for longer tenancies in London’s private rented sector. The centerpiece of the Mayor’s proposals is the London Rental Standard, which Get Living London fully adheres to.
Richard Blakeway, Deputy Mayor for Housing and Land said: "Improving and expanding the private rental offer in London is vital to the capital’s economy. The Mayor wants to create a new deal for the almost one in four Londoners living in private rented accommodation, giving them clear information on rates and rent agreements and the security of accreditation system. This scheme, with it’s no fee deal and longer contracts, is exactly the kind of thing we want to see more of, helping to give hard working Londoners renting in the capital a fairer deal."
The first Get Living London residents will be able to move into East Village from late summer 2013. Interested Londoners can get an exciting first-look at homes when show apartments are unveiled in the summer with further details to be revealed when the Get Living London Marketing and Management Centre opens its doors in August.
To register interest and be amongst the first to find out more, please go towww.getlivinglondon.com
Pricing to be announced later this Summer.
*About the Research
Arkenford - a market modeling and consumer research organisation - was commissioned by Get Living London to better understand the needs of London renters. The researched comprised over 2,000 online interviews and focus groups with London renters aged 22-54 years old. Further details of the research are available on request
- Ends -