Strong interest in private rental homes at the former Athletes’ Village ahead of the first residents moving in
LONDON: 04 NOVEMBER 2013
The first private rental homes in London’s newest neighbourhood at East Village have now been handed over to Get Living London, so that the final touches can be added to the homes to make them ready to welcome the first renters to the former London 2012 Athletes’ Village.
There are homes to suit everyone, from 1 and 2-bedroom apartments for young professionals and couples, to 3 and 4-bedroom apartments and townhouses for sharers and families. Prices start from £310 per week for a 1 bedroom apartment, £370 per week for a 2 bedroom apartment, £475 per week for a 3 bedroom apartment, and £515 per week for a 4 bedroom townhouse.
Last month, Get Living London unveiled a range of show homes (see images here) and a new Management Office at East Village, allowing renters a chance to come along to see London’s newest neighbourhood and discover more about the eagerly awaited private rental homes. A large number of viewings have already taken place with strong levels of interest among renters.
Before the first residents move in, the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) and Development Manager Lend Lease have been carrying out final checks of the properties and have now handed over more than 100 new homes toGet Living London. All of Get Living London's private rental homes benefit from fitted wardrobes and are available unfurnished or furnished at no extra cost, with ‘Best of British’ furnishings curated by HemmingwayDesign. Work is now underway to install these wardrobes and furniture as well as curtains and blinds, before the first new renters are expected to move in from the end of November.
The first new private rental homes handed over to Get Living London by the ODA sit in right in the heart of the new East Village neighbourhood (see images here) which includes:
- A range of 129 high-quality private rental homes to suit everyone – 12 one bed apartments, 66 two bed apartments, 41 three bed apartments, 7 four bed townhouses and 3 five bed townhouses
- High-quality buildings designed by award-winning architect Eric Parry including balconies which feature distinctive artwork by Eric Parry, providing splashes of colour and character to the buildings
- The residential plot includes a 1,800m2 landscaped private courtyard area, the size of 7 tennis courts
- The residential plot is close to Chobham Academy education campus and the new buildings are named after bright stars, including Mira House, Carina House and Mimosa House. Chobham Academy opened in September and has 1,800 places for students aged 3-19, with spaces available for the new East Village residents
- The streets and roads next to the first new homes celebrate the Olympic heritage of the buildings and include Cheering Lane, Prize Walk and Celebration Avenue
- The new homes are 5 mins from Stratford International Station and Westfield Shopping Centre, and 2 mins from the Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre due to open later this year
Derek Gorman, Chief Executive of Get Living London, commented, “The handover of the first new homes is an important milestone and sounds the starting pistol for us to get the homes ready to welcome the first renters to London’s newest neighbourhood. Since unveiling our show homes last month, we have seen a huge amount of interest in the new way of rentingGet Living London offers, with a large number of viewings taking place so far. I’d encourage all renters to come down to our offices at East Village to find out more about the high-quality private rental homes we have available.”
The first 129 new properties are from the range of 1,439 private rental homes Get Living London owns and manages at East Village, with further properties to be handed over in the coming months. The Get Living LondonManagement Office at East Village opened last month, giving London renters a chance to find out more about moving to a prestigious new address at the former Athletes’ Village. Open 7 days a week, the Management Office includes exhibition space and a dedicated team of Get Living London property consultants on-hand to talk prospective residents through the new homes available, discuss their rental requirements and arrange a viewing of one of the show apartments.
Along with the private rental homes, a range of shared ownership, intermediate rent and social rent homes are also available in East Village through Triathlon Homes. All of the homes set within East Village offer renters the chance to live in a prestigious new address on the doorstep of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and in one of the best-connected parts of London. The new homes are set within a landscaped area the size of St James’ Park featuring new parklands, trees, public areas and open space.
More information about Get Living London’s new homes and the Management Office is available at www.getlivinglondon.com or by phoning 020 3714 8088.
Notes to Editors:
- Images of Get Living London’s first new homes and show homes are available here.
- Images and broadcast-quality footage of Get Living London show homes are available here.
- For media enquires please contact Shula Pannick/Bea Bishop, The Communication Group plc, +44 (0)20 7630 1411 / firstname.lastname@example.org
About Get Living London
Get Living London is a new residential owner and rental management company helping to create London’s newest neighbourhood at East Village - the first legacy neighbourhood to result from the London 2012 Games.
About Triathlon Homes
Triathlon Homes offers a range of rent and ownership options and will enable eligible people on low to medium incomes to live in an East Village home. With extensive experience of managing homes in London, Triathlon Homes partners - East Thames Group, Southern Housing Group, and developer and investor First Base look forward to welcoming residents into their new homes. www.triathlonhomes.com
Key facts about East Village:
New homes for Londoners
- A range of new homes, designed for modern, sustainable living by 16 world-renowned architects with construction, fittings and finishes to the highest standard
- 11 individually designed areas provide neighbourhood character
Time and choice
- One of the best connected neighbourhoods in London.
- Stratford International and Stratford Regional stations offer links to London’s key locations – reach the West End in 20 minutes, St Pancras International in 7 minutes (by High Speed 1), Canary Wharf in 12 minutes, and London airports within an hour
- Steps away from Westfield Stratford City, one of Europe’s largest shopping centres, as well as over 30 local and independent shops, cafés and restaurants coming soon to East Village
- Adjacent to the world-class sporting venues of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- A world-class education campus, Chobham Academy, with 2,000 places for students aged 3-19
- The Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre with a full range of healthcare facilities
- Just under 10% of East Village’s 2,818 homes are specifically adapted for disabled people, designed to exceed industry standards set by HABINTEG and are 100% ‘Lifetime Homes Compliant’
- Adapted homes have design features to allow for chairlifts, hoists and rails to be installed, kitchens have clear spaces underneath work surfaces, all electrical switches are easily accessible and there are downstairs bedrooms and bathroom facilities in all homes of more than two storeys