Strong demand among renters as new East Village homes become available
LONDON: 28 FEBRUARY 2014
Get Living London’s 100th private rental home has now been snapped up in London’s newest neighbourhood at East Village - the former London 2012 Athletes’ Village, recently voted the ‘Best New Place to Live’ at the London Planning Awards.
The first homes were handed over to Get Living London in November 2013 and the latest renters at the former Athletes’ Village, Rosie Sperring and Jamie Worth, have now won the race to move in to the 100th Get Living London property, meaning there are now more than 200 private renters living in East Village.
Rosie Sperring, a Technology Analyst, and her partner Jamie have moved in to a one bed home at Vesta House in East Village. Rosie said:“We are so excited to move into the 100th Get Living London home at East Village. The area is perfect for us, with transport links all over the city, Westfield shopping centre next door, and the availability of local services such as the health centre. And I can’t wait to use the Olympic Park’s swimming pool! The staff at Get Living London have been extremely helpful throughout and the homes are gorgeous. I’d highly recommend anyone looking at moving to consider East Village!”
Derek Gorman, Chief Executive of Get Living London, said: “We’re delighted to welcome Rosie and Jamie as our 100th move-in and with more than 200 renters now calling East Village home, we’re seeing London’s newest neighbourhood taking shape. We have a range of homes next to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park with a convenient fee-free new way of renting so this is a great chance for renters to find a quality home with the best of city living on their doorstep.”
The latest milestone comes as there continues to be huge interest in the new homes and convenient, fee-free new way of renting Get Living London has to offer at East Village.
Get Living London has new homes to suit everyone, from 1 and 2-bedroom apartments for young professionals and couples, to 3 and 4-bedroom apartments and townhouses for sharers and families. Homes are available to rent with no fees or hidden costs; long-term tenancies of 1-3 years with the flexibility of resident-only break clauses; and no agents or middlemen, just a direct relationship with the Get Living London team who are based on site 7 days a week to quickly respond to residents’ needs.
Rosie and Jamie’s new home in Vesta House is one of a number of residential buildings where Get Living London have new homes now available. The buildings include:
- Vesta House – a distinctive triangular-shaped building in the heart of East Village, featuring 1 and 2 bed apartments with a huge atrium bringing natural daylight to all floors. Balconies and a communal rooftop garden offer great views over Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, East Village and the city skyline
- Mira House, Carina House and Mimosa House – these buildings offer 1, 2 and 3 bed apartments and 4-bed townhouses, located around a private courtyard area the size of 7 tennis courts. Balconies feature distinctive artwork, providing splashes of colour and character and the buildings are each named after bright stars in a nod to the ‘bright stars’ of the nearby Chobham Academy school.
- Pippin Mansions, Egremont House and Early Rivers House – Get Living London’s latest new homes sit close to Mirabelle Gardens, a traditional garden square which includes a community orchard, seating and children’s play areas. The buildings are each named after types of fruit growing on the trees in Mirabelle Gardens and feature a range of 1-3 bed homes.
- The streets and roads next to the new homes celebrate the Olympic heritage of the buildings and include Cheering Lane, Prize Walk, Celebration Avenue and Medals Way
- All of the new homes are 5 mins from Westfield Shopping Centre and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, along with the world-class health and education facilities of Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health Centre and Chobham Academy. A vibrant mix of 30 shops, cafes and bars will also open in East Village this summer
Get Living London’s homes start from £310 per week for a 1 bedroom apartment, £370 per week for a 2 bedroom apartment, £475 per week for a 3 bedroom apartment, and £550 per week for a 4 bedroom townhouse. Get Living London’s approach to not charging fees or hidden costs (which can cost renters up to £350) offers a good chance to make savings and all home come with a range of other benefits including:
- Free broadband and evening and weekend phone calls - All residents benefit from a free 20Mbps fibre broadband service from Hyperoptic, the UK’s fastest broadband service.
- Great savings with Sky TV – residents can enjoy half price discounts on Sky’s TV Entertainment pack with over 35 channels including Sky Atlantic, Sky 1 and MTV.
- High-end furniture packages at no extra cost - through a partnership with acclaimed British designer Wayne Hemingway MBE, furnished homes are available with high-quality designer furniture packages. All homes also include fitted wardrobes, wooden flooring, fitted curtains and blinds, underfloor heating and modern kitchens with fully-integrated appliances.
- Furniture, TV and broadband services are installed in advance meaning comfortable furniture, TV and broadband technology are ready-to-go the moment residents move in.
More information about Get Living London’s new homes is available atwww.getlivinglondon.com or by phoning 020 3701 7900. Along with the private rental homes, a range of shared ownership, intermediate rent and social rent homes are also available in East Village through Triathlon Homes.