Free Hyperoptic fast broadband, high-end furniture packages, and strong savings on Sky TV available at private rental homes in East Village
LONDON: 11 DECEMBER 2013
As the first residents move into East Village, Get Living London has announced that renters at the former Athletes’ Village will benefit from a host of exclusive offers, bringing ‘Faster, Higher and Stronger’ standards to the UK’s rental market.
Get Living London owns and manages a range of private rental homes in East Village, London’s newest neighbourhood. Not only does Get Living London offer renters the chance to move into high-quality homes in aprestigious new address on the doorstep of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, but residents can also now look forward to a range of exclusive offers including:
Free hyperfast broadband from Hyperoptic
- Get Living London residents in East Village will have access to a range of award-winning broadband and phone services from Hyperoptic, the UK’s fastest broadband service
- All Get Living London residents will receive a free 20Mbps fibre broadband service together with a phone service with free local and national calls during evenings and weekends
- Residents with an even greater need for speed can upgrade to Hyperoptic’s pioneering hyperfast broadband services at either 100Mb per second or 1Gb per second connection for the unbeatable price of just £10 or £20 a month respectively, on a 30-day rolling contract
- All of Hyperoptic’s broadband services can be activated free of charge in Olympic-speed, as little as 15 minutes, ensuring renters can enjoy super-fast broadband as soon as they move in
Great savings with Sky TV
- Get Living London’s renters can also enjoy savings with Sky TV who are offering residents half-price on their TV Entertainment pack with over 35 channels including Sky Atlantic, Sky 1 and MTV.
- Sky’s Entertainment pack normally costs £21.50 per month but is available to Get Living London’s first residents for just £10.75 per month for the first year with a free Sky+ HD box
- Sky TV will also ensure the service is installed before residents move in, ensuring great TV is ready to go from the moment renters arrive in London’s newest neighbourhood.
High-end furniture packages at no extra cost
- Get Living London is ensuring new renters can sit back and enjoy the TV and internet in comfort and style with high-end furniture packages at no extra cost, selected by acclaimed designer Wayne Hemingway MBE.
- Under HemingwayDesign’s guidance, furniture packages will feature key pieces by Britain’s leading designers, including Matthew Hilton, iconic British heritage brand G Plan, and products from HemingwayDesign’s own range, helping set new standards of furnishing for the private rental market.
- All of Get Living London’s private rental homes will also include fitted wardrobes, wooden flooring, fitted curtains and blinds, underfloor heating and modern kitchens with fully-integrated appliances.
The first two residential plots in East Village have now been handed over with the first residents moving in and strong levels of interest from renters in Get Living London’s private rental homes. Get Living London has a range of homes to suit everyone, from 1 and 2-bedroom apartments for young professionals and couples, to 3 and 4-bedroom apartments and townhousesfor sharers and families. Prices start from £310 per week for a 1 bedroom apartment, £370 per week for a 2 bedroom apartment, £475 per week for a 3 bedroom apartment, and £515 per week for a 4 bedroom townhouse.
Derek Gorman, Chief Executive of Get Living London, commented, “By offering free Hyperoptic fibre broadband, high-quality furnishings and strong savings on Sky TV, all with our convenient fee-free new way of renting, we are raising the bar for renters in London. The first residents moving in marks a important moment for Get Living London and shows the huge interest we are seeing from renters in London’s newest neighbourhood. With the announcement of our exclusive range of offers, this is an exciting time for renters to move into a prestigious new address on the doorstep of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park so I’d encourage everyone to come and see what East Village has to offer.”
Along with providing spacious homes and a range of exclusive offers to residents, Get Living London aims to make renting in London a better experience with a long-term commitment to:
- Charging no fees or hidden costs - residents will pay no transaction fees, documentation fees, reference fees, check-in fees or inventory fees
- Flexible and long-term tenancies - people can choose between one, two or three-year tenancies with resident-only break clauses and benefits for those committing to longer agreements
- No agents or middlemen - residents will be able to rent directly from Get Living Londonoffering them a direct relationship with a quality landlord without any agents or ‘middlemen’
- Delivering exceptional levels of service – the Get Living London Management Office will be open from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm at weekends to provide residents with a speedy response to any requests or enquiries
- The best of city living all in one place – East Village brings together new homes, together with a new school and healthcare facilities, the sports and leisure facilities of the Olympic Park, and the retail facilities of Westfield with further plans for more than 30 local shops and cafés in East Village
Get Living London has a range of show homes and a new Management Office open 7 days a week at East Village, allowing renters chance to see the new neighbourhood and discover more about the private rental homes now available. A dedicated team of Get Living London property consultants are on-hand to talk prospective residents through the new homes, discuss their rental requirements and arrange a viewing of one of the show apartments.More information about Get Living London is available atwww.getlivinglondon.com or by phoning 020 3714 8088 .
Along with the private rental homes, a range of shared ownership, intermediate rent and social rent homes are also available in East Village through Triathlon Homes. All of the homes set within East Village offer renters the chance to live on the doorstep of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in one of the best-connected parts of London. The new homes are set within a landscaped area the size of St James’ Park featuring new parklands, trees, public areas and open space.
Notes to Editors:
- Images of Get Living London’s first new homes and first resident are available here.
- For media enquires please contact Shula Pannick/Bea Bishop, The Communication Group plc, +44 (0)20 7630 1411 / firstname.lastname@example.org
About Get Living London
Get Living London is a new residential owner and rental management company helping to create London’s newest neighbourhood at East Village - the first legacy neighbourhood to result from the London 2012 Games.
About Triathlon Homes
Triathlon Homes offers a range of rent and ownership options and will enable eligible people on low to medium incomes to live in an East Village home. With extensive experience of managing homes in London, Triathlon Homes partners - East Thames Group, Southern Housing Group, and developer and investor First Base look forward to welcoming residents into their new homes. www.triathlonhomes.com
Hyperoptic is the UK’s leading fibre-to-the-home provider, delivering a quantum leap in online connectivity. Its hyper-fast 1Gbps symmetrical service is 68 times faster than the current UK average, and ten times the speed of its nearest competitor.
Hyperoptic works with freeholders, developers, property managers and residents to bring its award-winning services to residential and business developments, providing an unrivalled connection that increases the attractiveness of each property. It aims to have its hyperfast service available to over half a million homes in the next five years.
Founded in 2011, Hyperoptic received a £50m investment in May 2013 from Quantum Strategic Partners Ltd, a private investment vehicle managed by Soros Fund Management LLC. The company was named ‘Best Superfast Broadband’ provider at the 2013 Internet Service Providers’ Association Awards, “Best Urban Network Enterprise” at the NextGen 12 Challenge Awards and “Most Innovative Provider 2013” by Broadband Genie.www.hyperoptic.com.
For media enquiries please contact Sunita Sharma, Hyperoptic, 0333 332 1109
Key facts about East Village:
- New homes for Londoners - A range of new homes, designed for modern, sustainable living by 16 world-renowned architects with construction, fittings and finishes to the highest standard
- Spacious living - Spans over 27 hectares of land, equivalent to St James’s Park, with more than 10 hectares of new parks, landscaped gardens, public squares, play areas and courtyards
- Time and choice - One of the best connected neighbourhoods in London, with Stratford International and Stratford Regional stations offer links to London’s key locations. East Village also includes a world-class education campus, Chobham Academy, the Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre, and is steps away from Westfield Stratford City and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.