Family homes and priority school places available at East Village through Get Living London
LONDON: 10 January 2014
With the breaking news of Olympian Jessica Ennis-Hill’s pregnancy, finding a family home in London needn’t be an Olympic-sized challenge with a range of quality family-sized homes now available at the former Athletes’ Village.
Get Living London has a range of 3, 4 and 5 bedroom apartments and townhouses in the former Athletes’ Village which has been transformed into East Village, London’s newest neighbourhood next to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Together with the high-quality new homes and a fee-free new way of renting Get Living London has to offer, families choosing to move to East Village will also benefit from:
A neighbourhood school with priority school places for residents
- The East Village neighbourhood includes Chobham Academy, a world-class new education campus with 1,800 spaces for pupils aged 3-18
- Residents moving into a new home in East Village in the new E20 postcode have priority when applying for places at the school which is run by the Harris Federation – a charity with an outstanding track record in education
Acres of parklands and open space for children to enjoy
- The East Village neighbourhood is set in 67 acres of green space – the equivalent size to St James’ Park
- Get Living London’s homes sit alongside parklands, play areas, wild flower meadows, wetlands and garden areas perfect for families to enjoy
- All homes are also built around landscaped private courtyard areas for residents and children to relax and play in
World-class sports, leisure and retail facilities on your doorstep
- East Village sits next door to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and Westfield shopping centre, meaning residents live on the doorstep of world-class sports, leisure and entertainment facilities
- With more sports venues reopening this Spring, families moving to East Village could make the Aquatics Centre their local swimming pool and the Velodrome their local cycle park!
Derek Gorman, Chief Executive of Get Living London, commented, “For thousands of Londoners, the excitement of starting a family brings the challenge of finding a bigger home in a child-friendly neighbourhood. Finding a decent family home in London needn’t be an Olympic-sized challenge and I’d encourage all families to come and see the quality homes we have to rent in East Village. The homes Get Living London have to offer are perfect for families of all sizes, and with priority school places, acres of green space and world-class facilities on your doorstep, East Village is an ideal place to raise a family. We’d like to wish Jessica Ennis-Hill our heartfelt congratulations and best wishes from everyone at her former home in the Athletes’ Village!”
The first residents began to move in to East Village throughout November and December and there are now more than 100 renters living in Get Living London’s private rental homes, with more new homes now becoming available to meet the ongoing demand.
There are homes to suit everyone, from 1 and 2-bedroom apartments for young professionals and couples, to 3 and 4-bedroom apartments and townhouses for sharers and families. Prices start from £310 per week for a 1 bedroom apartment, £370 per week for a 2 bedroom apartment, £475 per week for a 3 bedroom apartment, and £515 per week for a 4 bedroom townhouse.
Get Living London aims to make renting in London a better experience with a long-term commitment to:
- Charging no fees or hidden costs
- Flexible and long-term tenancies - people can choose between one, two or three-year tenancies with resident-only break clauses and benefits for those committing to longer agreements
- No agents or middlemen - residents will be able to rent directly from Get Living Londonoffering them a direct relationship with a quality landlord without any agents or ‘middlemen’
- Delivering exceptional levels of service – the Get Living London Management Office will be open from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm at weekends to provide residents with a speedy response to any requests or enquiries
The Get Living London Management Office at East Village is open giving 7 days a week with a dedicated team of Get Living London property consultants on-hand to talk prospective residents through the new homes available, discuss their rental requirements and arrange a viewing of one of the show apartments. Along with the private rental homes, a range of shared ownership, intermediate rent and social rent homes are also available in East Village through Triathlon Homes.
More information about Get Living London’s new homes and the Management Office is available at www.getlivinglondon.com or by phoning
Notes to Editors:
- Images of Get Living London new homes and the East Village neighbourhood are availablehere.
- For media enquires please contact Shula Pannick/Bea Bishop, The Communication Group plc, +44 (0)20 7630 1411 / email@example.com
About Get Living London
Get Living London is a new residential owner and rental management company helping to create London’s newest neighbourhood at East Village - the first legacy neighbourhood to result from the London 2012 Games.
About Triathlon Homes
Triathlon Homes offers a range of rent and ownership options and will enable eligible people on low to medium incomes to live in an East Village home. With extensive experience of managing homes in London, Triathlon Homes partners - East Thames Group, Southern Housing Group, and developer and investor First Base look forward to welcoming residents into their new homes. www.triathlonhomes.com