- Free, ticketed event to be held in East Village’s Victory Park on Thursday 5 November
- Enter ballot on Get Living London’s website to win tickets
14 October 2015 - Following the success of last year’s spectacular event, Get Living London is hosting a free, ticketed firework display in Victory Park, East Village - the former London 2012 Athletes’ Village.
A pyrotechnic extravaganza choreographed to contemporary music will light up the skies across E20. Entertaining the crowds before the fireworks is a 500 light display reacting to movement and the wind. Food and drink will be available to buy on the evening from East Village retailers; Tina, We Salute You, Firezza, Signorelli, Bottle Apostle, Neighbourhood, as well as soon-to-open Darkhorse Bar & Restaurant, Mama Lan and Fish House.
Firework enthusiasts simply need to enter a ballot viawww.getlivinglondon.com/e20fireworks for the chance to get a pair of free tickets. The ballot opens on Wednesday 14 October at 1pm and closes at midnight on Sunday 25 October. Ticket winners will be contacted from Monday 26 October. Only ticketholders with wristbands will be allowed into the event space on the night*.
The East Village E20 Fireworks Night is part of Get Living London’s programme of annual events, following their successful summertime events earlier this year including the East Village E20 Outdoor Film Festival and the Wimbledon-themed East Village E20 Fair.
Get Living London offers new homes to rent at East Village E20, the former Athletes’ Village. For more information visit www.getlivinglondon.com or call 020 3714 8080.
Top-line information for the firework evening
Location: East Village E20 (northern end of Victory Park)
Date: Thursday 5 November 2015
Time: 18.30 - 20.30 (doors at 18:15)
Nearest Tube: Stratford International DLR / Stratford
Tickets: Pre-booked, FREE ticketed event. Enter ballot at www.getlivinglondon.com/e20fireworks. Ballot opens at 1pm on Wednesday 14 October and closes at midnight on Sunday 25 October and ticket winners will be contacted from Monday 26 October. (*Only ticketholders with wristbands will be allowed into the event space on the night. Ticketholders can collect their event wristbands, upon presentation of their ticket, from Monday 26 October at 1pm from the Get Living London Welcome Office.)
More information: www.eastvillagelondon.co.uk and 020 3714 8080
About East Village:
- East Village is the former London 2012 Athletes’ Village - London’s newest neighbourhood and first Olympic legacy village on the doorstep of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Set in 67 acres of breath-taking parkland, East Village includes more than 25 acres of mature parklands, new parks and open space
- Positioned next to the world-class sporting venues of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, East Village residents have easy access to a further 560 acres of parkland, waterways, and nature trails connected by paths for jogging, cycling and walking
- One of the best connected neighbourhoods in London with Stratford International and Stratford Regional stations offering links to key locations such as the West End in 20 minutes, St Pancras International in seven minutes (by High Speed 1), Canary Wharf in nine minutes and London airports within an hour
- East Village is a thriving place for residents and visitors, offering a world-class education campus Chobham Academy for students aged 3-18, a state-of-the-art health centre and independent shops, restaurants, cafés and bars
Homes at East Village are available through two landlords:
Get Living London - is the residential owner of East Village managing a variety of homes for private rent
Triathlon Homes - manage the affordable tenures at East Village, comprising social rent, intermediate rent and shared ownership
Visit eastvillagelondon.co.uk or call 020 3714 8080 to find out more